Black Russian - Leave me now 1980

This single is not rare and is not expensive. However many collectors don't really know this group.



Black Russian were Serge Kapustin, his wife Natasha and her brother Vladimir Shneider. They are dissident Soviet Jews who immigrated to the U.S. in 1976.
The Motown label signed them (as one of its rare white acts) and issued their debut LP, Black Russian in 1980. Also Motown released a single entitled “Leave Me Now”.
It is included on the album "Black Russian". Music by Serge Kapustin and lyrics by Serge Kapustin and the great Allee Willis. Produced and arranged by themself.




Note: The above posted single is not played in full

Natasha Shneider died in 2008.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Please send me this lyrics. I
live in Brazil and this band isn´t known here.
Congatulations for the blog
Thanks
Luiz Fernando

luizmoderno@terra.com.br
Anonymous said…
I had the original vinyl album in 1979. It got warped when my things were in storage while I was on the road playing. I threw it away, now I wish I would have kept it for the archives. They played on a daytime tv show one time called "The Dina Shore show"...that's how I heard about them.
Laís F. said…
Please send me this lyrics. I also
live in Brazil and this band still unknown here :(

thank you

Laís

lais_freire@ymail.com
Gabee Brandão said…
Can you please send the lyrics for me? My cousin is crazy about this song, and asked me for a help.. it would be a gift for her, thanks so much!!

email: gabe.mesquita@bol.com.br
André said…
Please send me this lyrics. I
live in Brazil and this band isn´t known here.
Congatulations for the blog

My email:
andrezinhorocha@gmail.com

Thank you so much
Also would like lyrics to "Leave Me Now." The Russian band playing today (2020) just released their rendition of this song, they do a smashing terrific job of it. Band is "Leonid & Friends1" you can find them on YouTube. If you can send lyrics, please do at wclayton7@gmail.com. Thanks
Unknown said…
https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Black-Russian-3/Leave-Me-Now
SoulDennis said…
Hi, thank you very much for your comment. Many fans of soul music wanted to find and read the lyrics. Thanks a lot.
Dionisis Dimos (AKA Souldennis)

Popular posts from this blog

Arnie Love & The Loveletts - Me, Myself & I

The Muglestons - The Muglestons 1977 Lp

Sir James Randolph - The Sophisticated Funk of James Randolph 1981 Lp