F.O.J. - Refiner's Fire 1979 Lp



Friends Of Jesus (F.O.J) was an obscure group of Christian Contemporary Music from Ohio which probably has released three albums. The debut self-titled album was released in 1976 on Pinebrook Records. The second album entitled "For the children" was released in 1978 on F.O.J Records. The third album entitled "Refiner's Fire" was released on F.O.J. Records in 1979.
The last album was recorded at Hedden West Studios, Schamberg, Illinois. At that time the members of the group were Phil Wallace on lead vocals and production, Don Rogers on lead vocals, Chuck Fry on lead vocals, Kelly Wallace on lead vocals, Rick Eberst on lead vocals, piano, percussion, Kurt Smith on guitar and percussion, Kevin Lindberg on bass, guitar, percussion and trombone, Mike Wallace on drums, Paul Thompson on trumpet and flugel horn, Spence Rowland on trumpet and flugel horn, Billy Schultz and Dan Hone on vocals. 
Steve Shafer also participated on drums, piano, percussion and synthesizer, Jeff Rowe on acoustic guitar, Don Shelton on saxophone, Gary Matts on percussion. Produced by Steve Shafer and Phil Wallace. Vocal arrangements by Phil Wallace. Music arrangements by Rick Eberst, Kurt Smith and Kevin Lindberg.

I have chosen two great songs entitled "All my love, all my life" and "Sonlight". Enjoy them!!! 





Note: The above posted tracks are not played in full

Comments

bonnie b said…
Stumbled upon your Blog while trying to see whatever happened to FOJ. I have their "For the Children" and "Refiner's Fire" albums and another one that the base of the group did under the name "Oasis" which they felt would be more marketable. It had none of the feel of the others & they seem to have dropped off the face of the earth afterwards. It's a real shame too - I saw them in concert many times as a teenager & they had a terrific ministry going.
Unknown said…
I too have fond memories of this group when they visited our church several times in the 80s. I am aware of their 1982 True Love album and their 1986 Our of the Shadows album. Does anyone know if they had any other albums under the Oasis or Friends of Jesus name?
SoulDennis said…
Hello, thank you for your interest on my blog. I'm sorry, I don't know about any other album. If I come across anything I will inform you. Let me know your email.

Popular posts from this blog

Arnie Love & The Loveletts - Me, Myself & I

The Muglestons - The Muglestons 1977 Lp

Sir James Randolph - The Sophisticated Funk of James Randolph 1981 Lp