Brick - Seaside vibes 1981



Yes I know. This article is not rare. Everyone can find this song. However, the song "Seaside vibes" by the group Brick,  I think it is one of the best soul/jazz/funk songs. I always wanted to present this song on my blog. It was included on the 1981 album entitled "Summer Heat" in 1981 on Bang Records. As I remember, I bought this album, between 2002-2003 in Athens. Several years later, I also bought the 12 incher entitled "Sweat (til you get wet) / Seaside vibes".


In fact this album that was the 5th album, is the best of Brick. It was recorded under the direction of the great Ray Parker J. Ray Parker Jr. was the producer. He also helped as a guitarist player and co-composer of some songs of the album.


The lyrics of the song "Seaside Vibes" was written by Ray Ransom & Jimmy Brown and the music was written by Regi Hargis Hickman. All of them were members of the group along with Eddie Irons and Donald Nevins.



Note: The above posted track is not played in full

Comments

Unknown said…
Yes, but who sung lead on seaside vibes?
SoulDennis said…
Let me check my vinyl...
SoulDennis said…
I looked at my vinyl (album 1981) and it doesn't mention it. I will try to understand by listening to the singer's voice.

Popular posts from this blog

Arnie Love & The Loveletts - Me, Myself & I

The Muglestons - The Muglestons 1977 Lp

Sir James Randolph - The Sophisticated Funk of James Randolph 1981 Lp