The story behind the vinyl record 45 of Lou Watson ‎– Please Don't Leave / Daydreaming (45)



Hello my friends, I would like to describe the story behind the release of this vinyl record. It was one night several months ago. If I remember right, 8th November 2018. I used to stay on my PC for many hours. I received a message from the pianist, arranger and producer Ronald Foster.



He was active on his facebook account. I had come in contact with him several years ago. I replied to him straight away. As we were talking about music, he showed me a rare video in which Ronald and 3 singers (one male and 2 female singers) appeared in a local TV show in the early 80's. It was a gospel choir. Ronald Foster was on piano. As I was listening to them, I asked Ronald about the male singer, because I thought he had a great and deep voice. Ronald Foster said to me his name was Lou Watson.



Seconds later, Ronald told me wait... "I remembered that I have recorded a few demo songs with him which are unreleased until today". Wow I yelled and I asked him if I can listen to them. At the same moment I started searching for information about Lou Watson. I tracked down two jazz albums in the decade of 2000. A few minutes later Ronald Foster emailed me 3 tracks which had been recorded in 1977. 
Ronald told me that the sound has been taken from tape. I tried to listen carefully to them in order to evaluate them. These tracks were nice and I wanted to play on my show the song "Please Don't Leave". Of course I asked Ronald Foster for his permission in order to play it on my show.
So, I had the pleasure to include it on my show on 11th November 2018. As every show on Coni-OnAir has a lot of listeners from all over the world, the same thing happened in this show. So, in this case, a vinyl collector from Hungary who is named Tamas Bogyo listened to my show and then he came in contact with Patrick Biggerstaff from the label IziphoSoul Records.
In this way, on July it was released in a vinyl record 45 two of the songs that Ronald Foster showed me on the night of 8th November 2018. This 45 include the songs "Please Don't Leave" and "Daydreaming".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arnie Love & The Loveletts - Me, Myself & I

The Muglestons - The Muglestons 1977 Lp

Sir James Randolph - The Sophisticated Funk of James Randolph 1981 Lp