Bob Christy & Frank Wright - Pure Energy Lp



This album is a private Lp which doesn't mention anything on the back cover of the vinyl record. I have also seen another album once in Japan.
Bob Christy and Frank Wright was an unknown duet which was appeared in the early 80s. They performed in various clubs, hotels and restaurants at that time.
Inside my copy there is a biography of Bob Christy and Frank Wright. I discovered that Bob Christy is the composer/arranger under the name Robert O'Connor who co-wrote the famous song in the late 60s "Move in a little closer" which became a big success by Mama Cass Elliot. In fact Robert O'Connor wrote this song for the unknown U.K group called Harmony Grass. Two months later Mama Cass Elliot released the same song in the USA.

Robert O'Connor or Bob Christy
Bob has lived and breatbed music since he was 7. It was then, back in Newark, New Jersey, that he began studying classical piano, finally he graduated from New York's prestigious Julliard School of Music, as a teen.
He began professional career while he was still in high school at the age 17. Later he was hired in New York City as a writer/producer of records for such large labels such as Columbia, Mercury, Decca and Bell. He has collaborated with Englebert Humperdinck, Toots Thieleman, Joe Pesci, Daryl Hall and Dr.Hook & the Medicine Show. Finally Bob has arranged and conducted the Merv Griffin Show Band.

Frank Wright has never had a music lesson in his life. He comes by his satiny-smooth, far-ranging voice purely through a natural gift. Frank was only 7 years old when he put on his first show. He continued to sing still when he went in the Air Force at the age 20. He won every talent show in the Air Force. Later he went at Pasadena City College, The University of Southern California. Self taught on musical theory, Wright became a campus musical legend.
He continued his collegiate studies for 6 1/2 years. Finally ending up just a few credits away from a masters degree in Political Science. Wright worked for the State of California as a rehabilitation counselor.
He appeared in the famous club called St.Charles in Pomona, California in which Frank Sinatra and many others frequented. It was the first time he had sung for pay at this club. Frank realized his first love was singing and started his musical career. He formed a group and they played in many large hotels such as Hilton, Holiday Inn and Castaways. It was then he met a talent keyboard artist named Bob Christy. They teamed up to make beautiful music together.
They recorded an album called "Pure Energy" during 1980 but I don't know if it was ever released  by any label. My copy doesn't mention any label. This album has different styles of music such as soul, jazz, funk and blues.
I chose a particularly sophisticated song "Nixon" and was written by Bob Christy and Frank Wright.



Note: The above posted track is not played in full

Comments

Nick said…
I think the other album you saw was in fact a different album but, also with the name 'Pure Energy' on front. I have a copy as per this one:
https://www.discogs.com/Frank-Wright-7-Bob-Christy-Pure-Energy/release/7714302

Nick.
SoulDennis said…
Thank you very much for your comment. I knew about your info but I forgot to mention it! Anyway, thank you very much. If you want... you can enjoy my broadcast in about 3 hours on (www.Coni-OnAir.com).
Unknown said…
Hello .. Robert occoner '' its me ellie and I just listen the music and its cool .. maybe you can contact me again +639167680678 ' I will wait for your message me you can add me viber or whatsapp use that number .. I have something to tell you ..
SoulDennis said…
My name is Dionisis Dimos. I'm not Robert O'Conner. I have created this blog and I'm not contacting with Robert O'connor. I'm sorry!

Popular posts from this blog

Arnie Love & The Loveletts - Me, Myself & I

The Muglestons - The Muglestons 1977 Lp

Sir James Randolph - The Sophisticated Funk of James Randolph 1981 Lp