Jeff Phillips - Rock Me Slowly 1978 (45)



Hello my friends. I had the opportunity to play on my shows, a 45 by the Australian singer and composer Jeff Phillips. This 45 includes the song "Rock Me Slowly". In fact, I knew this song many years ago. In 2011, I had presented an article about the Hawaiian singer Loyal Garner. She has released an album in the early 80s. This album includes my favorite song "Love Me Slowly". It is the same song than "Rock Me Slowly".  There is a story behind it.
    


     In 1978, after the release of "Rock Me Slowly" by Jeff Phillips, Diana Ross expressed her interest in order to record this song. They arranged a meet in L.Angeles but Jeff until to arrive in L.A., Diana left the Motown and moved to go to RCA Records. Although Diana Ross didn't record that song,  the Hawaiian singer Yvonne Elliman recorded it a year later in 1979. It was included on the album "Yvonne" under the title "Rock Me Slowly".



A year later, as I told you, another Hawaiian singer, Loyal Garner recorded this song and was released on a vinyl 45. It was released in the early 80s, probably in 1980, on Paradise Production. It was also included on the album with her name "Loyal Garner".


I want to note Jeff Phillips' 45 was released in the early of 1978. Jeff Phillips had made frequent TV appearances on the Roll Harris show and Seaside Special.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arnie Love & The Loveletts - Me, Myself & I

The Muglestons - The Muglestons 1977 Lp

Sir James Randolph - The Sophisticated Funk of James Randolph 1981 Lp