Benny Golson, Saxophonist and Composer of Jazz, Dies at 95




Hello my friends, due to the fact that a few days ago the legendary saxophonist Benny Golson passed away, I decided to make this article. He was 95 years old. He died on Saturday the 21st of September at his home in Manhattan. He collaborated with some of the biggest names in jazz music and was a founder of one of the leading groups of the hard bop era. 
I need many pages in order to talk about him. Simply, I want to tell you a few words. Every time that I think of Benny Golson, I always remember the 2004 film "The Terminal" starring Tom Hanks. I love this film.


Also, I had the opportunity of playing on my show a few tracks from his album of 1978 "I'm Always Dancin' To The Music".


I want to mention two of these songs. The first one is the song "Love Is The Key" which was written by Sharon McMahan who became known with the sublime song "Get Out Of My Life". The second song was the well-known track of Emotions "Don't Ask My Neighbors". It was written by Skip Scarborough.

In this way I wanted to pay a tribute to the legendary saxophonist Benny Golson. Thank you for reading this article.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arnie Love & The Loveletts - Me, Myself & I

The Muglestons - The Muglestons 1977 Lp

Sir James Randolph - The Sophisticated Funk of James Randolph 1981 Lp