I'm going to name this week "Grady Tate's Week" because I'm presenting my broadcast "Souldennis'Time" on Coni-OnAir from 8pm to 10pm (GMT+3)(Greek Time 20:00-22:00) on Sunday a short tribute to my favorite musician and singer Grady Tate who passed away some days ago. Of course on my broadcast I'm presenting the masterpiece song "Love Winds" which was released as a single on Zeus Records in 1984.
Saturday, October 14, 2017
Hello my friends, I'll be on air tomorrow Sunday. My show "Souldennis'Time" starts from 8pm to 10pm (GMT+3) or (UTC+3). It includes songs from OldSchoolSoul, Soul, Jazz, JazzVocals, SmoothJazz and Funk music scenes. Due to the fact that I bought the record vinyl 45" "Bring Your Love Closer / Love On The Shelf" of Mel Bolton's Mighty Fire, tomorrow I'm also presenting songs for Mel Bolton's career as a producer, composer, arranger, guitarist. Mel Bolton was one of Motown songwriter and he has written over 350 songs for himself and other great artists like Marvin Gaye, Dianna Ross & The Four Tops. I'll be glad to see you on air....!!!
Friday, October 13, 2017
Hello my friends, I am in the unpleasant position to announce sad news. The legendary, prodigious drummer and singer of jazz music Grady Tate died on Sunday at his home in Manhattan. He was 85. Grady Tate has affected my musical life because for many years I was looking for a rare vinyl record which includes a fantastic song that today is one of my all-time favorite songs. In 1984 the composer, producer and guitarist of jazz music, Rudy Stevenson booked the A&R Recording Studio in New York City so as Grady Tate and Gwynne Micheals-Hearns to record his songs "Love Wind" and "It's Time To Settle Down". Both songs were included on the vinyl record which was released on Zeus Records. During my effort to find the vinyl record, Rudy Stevenson and the trumpet player Barrie Lee Hall Jr died. I had tried to come in contact with them before they passed away. I found the vinyl record in 2013.
Saturday, October 7, 2017
Hello my friends, I'll be on air tomorrow Sunday. My show "Souldennis'Time" starts every Sunday from 8pm to 10pm (GMT+3). It includes songs from OldSchoolSoul, Soul, Jazz, JazzVocals, SmoothJazz and Gospel music scenes. Especially for my show listeners tomorrow, I'm presenting a short tribute to legendary Bunny Sigler who passed away on 6th October. I'll be glad to see you on air!
Saturday, September 30, 2017
Hello my friends, for one more time I'll be on air tomorrow Sunday. As I told you I have changed the time of my broadcast and it is an hour later than usual. My show starts every Sunday from 8pm to 10pm (GMT+3). It includes songs from OldSchoolSoul, Soul, Jazz, JazzVocals, SmoothJazz and Gospel music scenes. Especially for my show listeners tomorrow, you can also enjoy the song "It's Time" from the self-titled rare album by John Kontol. I'll be glad to see you on air!
01. Ed Calle – Desayuno (Café de Manha) 2009
02. Maggie Herron – Things Could Be Better 2014
03. Greta Panettieri – Oppure No 2016
04. Matt Bianco – Summer In The City 2017
05. George Duke – Yea We Going 1978 (written by L.Chancler Ndugu) Ndugu &
06. The Chocolate Jam Co – Give Your Love 1980
07. Bama – Summer Nights (Are Made For Making Love) 1979
08. Thelma Houston – Summer Nights (Are Made For Making Love) 1980 (previously unreleased) 09. Rozalin Woods – Sexy Eyes 1979
10. Dr.Hook – Sexy Eyes 1979
11. Bobby Glenn – Hey Love 1976
12. Mari Nakamoto – Ride To The Country 1982
13. The Two Tons – I’ve Been Down 1980
14. Sarah Vaughn – And I Love Her 1981
15. Dizzy Gillespie - It's Time For Love 1984
16. Teddy Pendergrass – It’s Time For Love 1981
17. Joyce Faison – Do You Wanna Dance 1981 (45")
18. John Kontol – It’s Time 1986
19. Buba & Bear – Maybe We Could Fall In Love 1982 (David Schindler & Rita Johns)
20. Rita Johns – A Little Bit Of Love 1981
21. Dream Girls – Hard To Say Goodbye, My Love 1981
22. Lynda Seals – This Is Where Love Begins
23. Judy Roberts – The River Must Flow 1980
24. Carmen Amez – The River Must Flow
25. Leslie Smith – Don’t Shout The Door (On My Love) 1982
26. Pockets – Happy For Love 1978
27. Larry Carlton - I'll Be Around 2010
Sunday, September 24, 2017
Hello my friends, this is my second broadcast after two months and I would like to inform you that I have changed the time of my broadcast an hour later than usual. My show starts today and every Sunday from 8pm to 10pm (GMT+3). It includes songs from OldSchoolSoul, Soul, Jazz, JazzVocals, SmoothJazz and Gospel music scenes. I'll be glad to see you on air!
Monday, September 18, 2017
Helllo my friends, I had the pleasure to present Rick Bowen and his album "Want My Love" three years ago. The album includes some nice songs with a variety of music styles.
I recently discovered a rare vinyl record 45" that includes the song "Want My Love". This song is a duet with Rick Bowen & Teresa Von. It is a different version than the album's one. In the disco version of the album the female vocalist Sue Robinson accompanies Rick Bowen on vocals. I came in contact with Rick Bowen himself and he told me that this vinyl record 45" was released at the same time with the album in 1980. Even though a year later disco music was dead, they tried to create a disco song for the album. However the final result was excellent!
The previous Sunday I included this rare song (version 45") on my playlist on the web radio Coni-OnAir.
Friday, September 15, 2017
Hello my friends, I would like to inform you that I'm starting my broadcasts after two months that I had stopped for holidays. However I will change the time, I'm starting an hour later than usual. My show starts on Sunday from 8pm to 10pm (GMT+3). It includes songs from OldSchoolSoul, Soul, Jazz, JazzVocals, SmoothJazz, Bossa Nova and Gospel music scenes. I'll be glad to see you on air!