Steve Willoughby And Boanerges - See 70s (45)


Hello my friends, I want to mention a story. In 2017 I had the opportunity to play on my show the fantastic and unreleased song "All My Life" by Steven Willoughby. He is a singer, songwriter, and music publisher. He has recorded different styles and moods of music. Soul, country, pop and blues. He is currently working in alliance with the Westwood Music group. His song “All My Life” was featured in the Fox Searchlight movie “Battle of the Sexes” (Emma Stone and Steve Carell) in 2017.

I remember that a friend of mine, Nicolas Drosos brought to my attention this masterpiece during 2017. Two years later, in 2019 Izipho Soul Records released this masterpiece on vinyl 45. 


This release includes this gem "All My Life". It also includes a mix by Phillip Ward from the UK as a long version of it. Phillip Ward did a great job. I want to note that Phillip and Nicolas Drosos had created a nice friendship by having the love for music as a guide. In 2021, Nicolas Drosos sadly passed away. 


In 2023, I had the chance to find another 45 by Steve Willoughby. This vinyl record 45 was released under the name of Steve Willoughby And (Boanerges). In this record there is the same feature as the record on Izipho Soul Records. It is the collaboration between Steve Willoughby and the awarded arranger, composer and producer, Tony Camilo. Tony Camilo was the arranger on that 45. It includes the songs "When Your Walking On Thin Ice" and "See". I like the song "See" which he recorded again in the 80s and was released under the title "Since You're Gone". He wrote this song in 1968.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arnie Love & The Loveletts - Me, Myself & I

The Muglestons - The Muglestons 1977 Lp

Sir James Randolph - The Sophisticated Funk of James Randolph 1981 Lp